Sunday, March 30, 2014

Monthly update: March 2014

The month has passed and it's my favorite time, giving an update of my dividend portfolio. I haven't done anything this month in terms of buying or selling stocks. I have deposited €1.000 a few days ago which enables me to open another position in the next week. More on that later. So how did the last month go?


IndicatorAs of 28-3As of 28-3% change
S&P 5001.8591.858-0,1%
Dow Jones Industrial Average16.32216.323+0,0%
AEX399402+0,9%
USD.EUR0,72340,7272+0,5%
Portfolio value€ 14.554 € 14.945 +2,7%

American markets were more or less flat, the Dutch AEX gained almost 1% during the last month. The dollar gained some ground against the euro, which is good for my portfolio since the majority is listed in American dollars. And what did my portfolio do? It gained almost 3% which is great. Even though I am focused on dividend income and growth, It's always nice to see stock prices rise.

Purchases
  • No new purchases.
Dividends received
  • INTC: 63 shares @ $0.23 for a total of $14.49
  • XOM: 17 shares @ $0.63 for a total of $10.71
  • TGH: 43 shares @ $0.47 for a total of $20.21
  • BBL: 28 shares @ $1.18 for a total of $33.04
  • RDS: 58 shares @ $0.47 for a total of $27.26
  • UNA: 37 shares @ €0.27 for a total of €9.99
Total: around €81 after tax. This is a great month for me and obviously marks my highest monthly dividend income.

Dividend increases / decreases
  • None
Yearly forward dividend
My 12-month forward dividend rate hasn't changed and stands at €562. As I mentioned earlier, I've deposited € 1.000 to open another position in the next week. I am looking at several options like Realty Income (O), McDonalds (MCD), AT&T (T) or Kinder Morgan (KMI). If any of you readers out there have some tips or advice on what to buy, please leave a comment!


How was your month? What are your plans for the coming month?

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff, DD. Great to see your progress! Btw, your title says 2013.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R, thanks for stopping by letting me know about the wrong title, I've changed it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Robin
    Congrats for your highest monthly dividend income. Keep it going!
    Regards DH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DividendHawk, thanks for taking the time to comment. I am sure about keeping it up :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Robin,

    My month was great to. I did re-adjust my portfolio a bit, actually selling my stocks in Realty Income to make room for Banco Santander (SAN.MC). The 4th biggest bank in Europe by value that recently got it's status increased by Moody's. If you go for a DRIP plan you can avoid the 21% taxes from Madrid. It's actually held by ETF's like IDVY, DOL (Wisdomtree), ect as one of their top positions. If you don't mind the risk from European financials that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great month indeed. Even though your forward dividends didn't change from February you're set up to make a good improvement in April with the 1k euros and the extra 81 from dividends. The four companies you mentioned are all great although T will probably have the lowest DG going forward. KMI is a favorite of mine but I'm quite overweight the company right now. MCD is in the same boat but I don't think it's quite at the same value proposition as KMI. There's not a whole lot that I like currently so that just means it's time to research as many companies as possible and come up with new entry price points before we eventually get a pullback in the markets. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete